1.) The traditional summary and (2.) The modern summary.
The traditional summary is the act of re-writing a long-tailed passage into a smaller and precise form.
2.) The modern type of summary is the act of Reading a long-tailed passage and then answering the questions that follows in a shortened, compacted, or summarised form.
So If you are looking for how to write a good summary, then this
10 STEPS TO WRITING A GOOD SUMMARY:
in order to write a good summary one is expected to adhere to the following rules:
proofread the original person over and over again to ensure in-depth understanding of the passage ideas.
2. removal of less important words: to effectively summarise a long passage, the less important words are to be removed.
3. Words/phrase Economy: this involves the replacement of long words or phrase with a shorter word or phrase which have the same meaning as the original words/phrase.
4. Retainment Of descriptive, illustrative or sample words: While writing a summary, words cited as a description, illustrations or examples should be written the way it appears in the original passage.
5. write your summary in your own words: Avoid using words used in the original passage except where seems impossible to substitute or replace the original words.
6. Avoid listing or Numberings of ideas: avoid listening or Numbering of ideas or points instead each new ideas should be started on a new paragraph.
7. Strict adherence to the numbers of given words: The numbers of giving words should be strictly adhered to, it is better off jotting down the summaries of the passage on a rough sheet before transferring it to an original copy.
8. Arrange your ideas sequentially: all your ideas should be arranged sequentially and in correspondence with the ideas presented on the original passage. (Each new summarised ideas should be arranged the same way it is arranged in the original passage).
9. Avoid disjointed words:
10. Time consciousness: adhere strictly to the time given writing your summaries to avoid incomplete summarisation of the given passage.
The above listed steps to writing a good summary will guide a student of summary Writer to effectively write a good summary.
KINDLY LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO STAY UPDATED WITH ALL OUR LATEST UPDATES ON EDUCATION, BUSINESS, AND TECHNOLOGY.
"If you think this post is beneficial to you, Kindly Share it with your friends on Social media. Also Like and follow Our FacebookPage for more updates.