How To check Admission on JAMB caps have been found to be among the top questions being asked almost everyday by most Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry aspirants of various Nigeria Institutions.
Following the introduction of the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) in early 2017 by the Joint Admission And Matriculation Board (JAMB), Admissions into the various Institutions in the country are being strictly Processed on the CAPS since then.
Before the introduction of this JAMB CAPS, Admissions given by JAMB to candidates are mostly based on schools Recommendations. this means the school usually compile and send out their Admission lists to JAMB while JAMB upon receiving the Admission lists, cross check and Upload it on it’s portal.
But this has changed since 2017 when the JAMB CAPS was released and put into usage. different improvement have been added to the JAMB CAPS since its inception and usage adoption.
But before we outline the process on how to Check Admission on JAMB CAPS, I’ll briefly explain what JAMB CAPS really is.
Table of Contents
What is JAMB CAPS?
• The Joint Admission And Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System (JAMB CAPS) is an innovative of the new JAMB registrar, Ishaq Oloyede. it was introduced in 2017 to process all future Admission processes.
HOW DOES JAMB CAPS WORKS?
The JAMB CAPS modules operandi (mode of operation) is quite technical but notwithstanding, I’ll breakdown the technicality. the following are how the JAMB CAPS works:
HOW JAMB CAPS WORK:
• All Tertiary Institutions Admission Officers Creates a dashboard on the JAMB CAPS.
• After the creation of dashboard, The Institutions Admission Officers Uploads their respective Institution Admission Requirements on their JAMB CAPS dashboard. (Admission Requirements like JAMB Cut-off Mark, O’Level and A’level Requirements, Post-UTME Cut-off etc).
• The Institution Admission Officer also specified the volume of applicants to be Admitted and their distribution ratio across departments.
• Now that all had been set by the Institutions Admission Officers, The Joint Admission And Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System (JAMB CAPS) automatically come up with a list of candidates that meet up with all the specified Admission Requirements set by the Institution Admission Officer.
• During the stage, if a candidate is selected by the JAMB CAPS, his/her Admission status will change to RECOMMENDED which means he/she has now been recommended by jamb for school to approve for admission.
• The Joint Admission And Matriculation Board (JAMB) Now forwarded these selected list of candidates to their respective Institution for approval.
• Upon receiver of the JAMB Recommended Admission list by the school, the school in turn notify JAMB that the list had been received and been carefully reviewed.
• At this stage of review by the Institution, the candidates Admission status will change to ADMISSION IN PROGRESS.
• When the Institution completed it’s review of the Recommended Admission list, they in turn, send it back to JAMB. If Possibly a school considered a student to be removed from the Admission list, a reason must be given and vise versa.
• When the joint Admission And Matriculation Board (JAMB) received the list from the school, they review it again and finally Uploads the Admission list to it’s portal.
• At this stage, the candidates Admission status changes to ADMITTED.
That’s simply how the Admission on JAMB CAPS works. Now let’s look at How to check Admission on this jamb Caps.
HOW TO CHECK ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS:
To check your Admission on JAMB CAPS, kindly follow the steps below:
• Visit the JAMB portal and Login to your JAMB profile.
• Scroll down and click on “CHECK ADMISSION STATUS”
• Enter your jamb Registration Number and choose your Examination/Application year.
• Click On “Access My CAPS“
• From the left hand side of the screen, Click on “ADMISSION STATUS”
• Your Admission status will now be displayed to you. Scroll down to view it.
HOW TO ACCEPT ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS:
If you’ve been offered Admission on JAMB CAPS, you’ll be provided with the option to Accept or reject it. So accepting Admission on JAMB CAPS is really easy.
And According the Joint Admission And Matriculation Board (JAMB), all candidates whose Admission Status have changed to ADMITTED are Recommended to proceed on accepting Admission on CAPS within 72hours or such Admission offer maybe withdrawn.
• To accept the Admission on JAMB CAPS, Click On “Accept Admission”
• You’ll see a confirmation Pop up, Click on “YES/CONFIRM” and that’s all. You are now fully admitted.
HOW TO REJECT JAMB CAPS ADMISSION:
A candidate may wish to reject his/her Admission offers if the course given is not wanted or for another reasons best known to them. To reject a JAMB CAPS Admission offer, simply Follow the steps below:
• Under Your Admission Status, Click on “REJECT ADMISSION“
• A pop up confirmation message will be displayed, click on “YES/CONFIRM”
NOTE: Once a candidate reject his/her Admission offers, the JAMB CAPS will automatically makes him/her available on the market place so that you may be visible to other schools for Admission consideration.
KINDLY LIKE AND FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO STAY UPDATED WITH ALL OUR LATEST UPDATES ON EDUCATION, JOB VACANCIES, BUSINESS TIPS, WEB DESIGNING AND SO MUCH MORE.
"If you think this post is beneficial to you, Kindly Share it with your friends on Social media. Also Like and follow Our FacebookPage for more updates.